Perbedaan No dan Not dalam Bahasa Inggris - Kata No dan Not merupakan kata paling singkat yang cukup sering di dengar ataupun digunakan dalam percakapan. Mahir menggunakan kata ini juga menjadi bagian dari tips belajar grammar bahasa inggris yakni memulai dengan kata atau hal-hal sederhana. Walaupun kedua kata tersebut memiliki arti yang sama, tentu ada perbedaan dalam pemakaiannya. Untuk memperjelas perbedaannya, berikut ini kami uraikan perbedaan no dan not dalam bahasa inggris beserta contohnya agar pemakaiannya tidak tumpang tindih.
1. No dipakai pada exclamation sentence (kalimat seru)
- Are you okay? - No!
- Can I help you? - No! Everything is ok
- Did you go to cinema yesterday? - No! I stayed home.
- Did you find your pen? - No! It has lost!
- I am not looking for Anne, but I want to see Jane.
- There was no sugar in my coffee, so it tasted so bitter.
- The class is empty. There are no students here.
- I have no money at all.
- George does not understand what I said.
- I do not need your help.
- My father did not work yesterday because of getting ill.
- We will not go to the beach this holiday.
- Sarah is not reading the book but she is writing a novel at now.
- I have not seen Christina for a week. Do you know where she is?
- I am not sure about that!
- I knew that John is not smart. He is just pretend to be smart person.
- Bryan was not accepted in police department because he is not tall.
- How was the show? - Not good at all! atau - No good at all!
- I thought she was no good at all in math test.
- I thought she was not good in math test.
- She is not in library but she is in canteen.
- The place where we go is not park but kind like a little garden.
- There is not enough gasoline in the car.
- It is not nine o’clock but nine pass two.
- Everything which is shining is not always good.
- Why did you wake up earlier, It is not Monday, is it?
- I do not have any idea at all = I have no idea at all.
- I do not have time to look after her = I have no time to look after her.
- The old man does not need anything for living = the old man needs nothing for living.
- I did not see anybody here = I see nobody here
- I promised that she is not going anywhere = I promised that she is going nowhere.
- You are not the only one who can dive without taking a breath for five minutes.
- It is not a good deal.
- My father is not an ambassador .
- Is Michael okay? - I am afraid not!
- Will he go tonight? - I hope not!